- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- August 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
The K-5 Read-a-thon kicked off on February 1st and goes through March 2nd! Don’t forget to encourage your kids to read and gather pledges for how many minutes they’ve read in a month. Please ask friends, family members, and neighbors to make a pledge or donation. Every little bit counts!
Thank you for your support in helping make this Read-a-thon a success!
Tips for Success:
- Set a daily reading goal. The Read-a-thon is based on minutes read, which allows students with different reading speeds to compete on a level playing field for recognition.
- Pick a quiet, well-lit and comfortable place to read.
- Use a clock to ensure accuracy of how many minutes read.
The Winter Session of “Clifford After School Classes” is starting this month. A complete list of classes can be found online at: CliffordschoolPTO.org/
programs. Mad Science kicks off the session next Tuesday, January 17th with “Crazy Chemworks”, register (theBayArea.madscience.org) today before it’s too late!
February 10 & 11, 7:00 pm and February 12, 1:00 pm
Clifford School PTO and San Carlos Children’s Theater proudly present, Disney’s Alice in Wonderland, Jr. as our Musical Performance this year. Join the fun and sign up to be in Alice in Wonderland Jr., Clifford’s All-School Theater Production!
The ever-curious Alice’s journey begins innocently enough as she chases the White Rabbit. Her adventures become increasingly more strange as she races the Dodo Bird, gets tied up with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, raps with a bubble-blowing Caterpillar and beats the Queen of Hearts at her own game!
Music and Lyrics by Sammy Fain and Bob Hilliard, Oliver Wallace and Cy Coban, Allie Wrubel and Ray Gilbert, Mack David, Al Hoffman and Jerry Livingston
Music Adapted and Arranged and Additional Music and Lyrics by Bryan Louiselle
Book Adapted and Additional Lyrics by David Simpatico
Based on the 1951 Disney film, Alice in Wonderland, and the novels, “The Adventures of Alice in Wonderland” and “Through the Looking Glass” by Lewis Carroll
Director-Melody Cole. Choreographer-Daina Block. Music Director-Theresa Ames,
Ensemble Music Director-Jennifer Overbey & Nikki Kolokithas
Main Cast Auditions & Information (Grades 3-8):
**All students (Grades 3-8) who audition will be cast in the play.**
3rd grade through 8th grade Main cast Auditions for Acting and Singing will be Monday and Tuesday October 3rd and 4th, with starting time slots at 3pm. All who audition MUST also sign up for a dance audition on Wednesday, October 5th, 3pm or 3:45pm time slot. To sign up for auditions, go to www.sancarloschildrenstheater.com. Once on the site click the “Auditions” tab and then on “Alice in Wonderland Jr. – Clifford School”. The audition tips on the site are very helpful.
Cost for being in the show is $75 and due at the acting/singing audition. Families are also required to volunteer a minimum of 30-35 hours toward the show. Rehearsals start on Monday, October 24th, and continue up until the performance dates of February 10-12, 2017. Rehearsals will be on Mondays and Wednesdays, with a few Fridays, from 3-6pm on the Clifford Campus. If you have any questions please contact Trina Licht at email@example.com.
Ensemble Information (Grades K-2):
Students in grades K-2 are invited to join our Ensemble Cast which will be led by our amazing duo, Mrs. Jennifer Overbey and Niki Kolokithis. The Ensemble rehearsals will begin on Monday, December 5. Rehearsals will be on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30pm to 3:30pm. The cost for being in the Ensemble is $40. Families are also required to volunteer a minimum of 10-15 hours, per child, toward the show.
The Ensemble will be the opening act for the main cast performance of Alice in Wonderland, Jr. The children will learn 2-3 songs with dance moves for the opening act and perform them, in costume, at McKinley Theater before each show on February 10-12, 2017.
To register, go to http://www.sancarloschildrenstheater.com. No audition necessary. All who register, pay the fee, and come to the first parent meeting on Monday, December 5 at 6pm, will be in the Ensemble. If you have any questions, please contact Trina Licht at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 3 and 4 – Acting /Singing Auditions (Main Cast, Grades 3-8)
- October 4- Dancing Auditions (Main Cast, Grades 3-8)
- October 25- First rehearsal (Main Cast, Grades 3-8)
- December 5- First rehearsal (Ensemble Cast, Grades K-2)
- February 10-12- Performances (All Casts)
We had a great turnout for Winter Family Night and it was an awesome time for our community to be together! Special thanks to the many parent volunteers, teachers, and school staff for making the evening such a fun and festive success! Here are some highlights:
- The 4th grade team and students put up creative posters ALL OVER the school to promote the event
- Parent volunteers transformed the MUB by decking it out in festive and creative decorations
- The Art in Action team set up the student art show for all to admire
- 5th grade hosted concessions
- Many people made sure there was no shortage of supplies
- 2nd & 3rd grade classes, teachers and Mrs. McNamara provided the fabulous musical entertainment
- 2nd grade hosted the cookie decorating station
This was truly a group effort and we estimate there were over 500 people at the event! Our PTO President reports that she saw “video cameras filming smiling performing children, children posing next to their art in front of the paparazzi (their relatives), sharing at the cookie decorating table and many parents/guardians, grandparents, aunts and uncles socializing during the night. We sold 30 pizzas, over 200 cookies, and a lot of hot cocoa. What a wonderful community we have!”
Is your 8th grader attending Sequoia High School next year? Do you want to learn more about Sequoia’s honors ICAP and IB Program and what makes IB so exciting? Please attend Sequoia’s “We Are IB” 8th Grade IB Info Meeting on Thursday, January 19th, 2017 from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm at Sequoia High School in Carrington Hall. This meeting will be held in English. IB is for all students. IB is for you! Hope to see you there.
Si su estudiante del octavo grado asistirá a Sequoia High School el próximo año ¿Quiere que sea exitoso en la preparatoria y que asista a la universidad? Para que su estudiante sea exitoso en la preparatoria y aprenda sobre el programa de honores de IB, por favor asista a la reunión del Octava Grado sobre Información del programa IB “Nosotros somos IB” el jueves 19 de enero 2017 en la biblioteca de la escuela Sequoia a las 7.00 pm. Esta reunión es muy importante para usted y sera ofrecida en español. IB es para todos los estudiantes. IB es para tí! LOS ESPERAMOS.
Thank you to parent Shabnam for the excellent notes from the last PTO meeting!
1. Auction: We made $78,000 at the auction this year! AMAZING!! (That is $33,000 over last year!). See more photos on Clifford’s Facebook page!
2. Measure U: Passed by a large percentage over what we needed!
3. Main & Elm Fundraiser: Thanks to Bob Lutticken, owner of Main & Elm, for hosting a fundraiser week for us; and thanks to the Clifford families and friends who helped raise $485!
4. Principal’s Report: Clifford received an award from the district. This was connected to the “Schools to Watch” award we won last year. The focus of the next School Board meeting is Clifford. They are hoping that people/staff/students will also attend the meeting to help represent Clifford. The meeting is coming up on Dec 14th at 7pm at the RCSD office, 750 Bradford Street. Please try to attend!